Vintage Tulle Sheer Scoop Neck Plus Size Bride Gown With Cap Sleeves Black Gothic Victorian Wedding Dresses Vestidos De Noiva Alternative Measures - Brides . ( Black Victorian Wedding Dresses #4)
9 images of Vintage Tulle Sheer Scoop Neck Plus Size Bride Gown With Cap Sleeves Black Gothic Victorian Wedding Dresses Vestidos De Noiva Alternative Measures - Brides . ( Black Victorian Wedding Dresses #4)
Vintagevin•tage (vin′tij),USA pronunciation n., adj., v., -taged, -tag•ing.
- the wine from a particular harvest or crop.
- the annual produce of the grape harvest, esp. with reference to the wine obtained.
- an exceptionally fine wine from the crop of a good year.
- the time of gathering grapes, or of winemaking.
- the act or process of producing wine;
- the class of a dated object with reference to era of production or use: a hat of last year's vintage.
- of or pertaining to wines or winemaking.
- being of a specified vintage: Vintage wines are usually more expensive than nonvintage wines.
- representing the high quality of a past time: vintage cars; vintage movies.
- old-fashioned or obsolete: vintage jokes.
- being the best of its kind: They praised the play as vintage O'Neill.
- to gather or harvest (grapes) for wine-making: The muscats were vintaged too early.
- to make (wine) from grapes: a region that vintages a truly great champagne.
- to harvest grapes for wine-making.
Tulletulle (to̅o̅l; Fr. tyl),USA pronunciation n.
a thin, fine, machine-made net of acetate, nylon, rayon, or silk.
Sheersheer1 (shēr),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, adv., n.
- transparently thin;
diaphanous, as some fabrics: sheer stockings.
- unmixed with anything else: We drilled a hundred feet through sheer rock.
utter: sheer nonsense.
- extending down or up very steeply;
almost completely vertical: a sheer descent of rock.
quite: ran sheer into the thick of battle.
down or up very steeply.
- a thin, diaphanous material, as chiffon or voile.
Neckneck (nek),USA pronunciation n.
- the part of the body of an animal or human being that connects the head and the trunk.
- the part of a garment encircling, partly covering, or closest to the neck;
- the length of the neck of a horse or other animal as a measure in racing.
- the slender part near the top of a bottle, vase, or similar object.
- any narrow, connecting, or projecting part suggesting the neck of an animal.
- a narrow strip of land, as an isthmus or a cape.
- a strait.
- the longer and more slender part of a violin or similar stringed instrument, extending from the body to the head.
- [Building Trades, Mach.]the part on a shank of a bolt next to the head, esp. when it has a special form.
- a narrowed part of a bone, organ, or the like.
- the slightly narrowed region of a tooth between the crown and the root.
- beard (def. 5).
- a cylindrical continuation of the shaft of a column above the lower astragal of the capital, as in the Roman Doric and Tuscan orders.
- Also called volcanic neck. the solidified lava or igneous rock filling a conduit leading either to a vent of an extinct volcano or to a laccolith.
- be up to one's neck, [Informal.]to have a surfeit;
be overburdened: Right now she's up to her neck in work.
- break one's neck, to make a great effort: We broke our necks to get there on time.
- get it in the neck:
- to suffer punishment or loss: The trend is to consolidation and small businesses are getting it in the neck.
- to be rejected or dismissed: The employees got it in the neck when the company moved overseas.
- to be sharply reprimanded or scolded.
- neck and neck, even or very close;
indeterminate as to the outcome: They were coming toward the finish line neck and neck.
- neck of the woods, neighborhood, area, or vicinity: Next time you're in this neck of the woods, drop in.
- stick one's neck out, to expose oneself to danger, disaster, failure, disgrace, etc.;
take a risk: He stuck his neck out by supporting an unpopular candidate.
- win by a neck:
- to win by a small amount or narrow margin.
- [Racing.]to be first by a head and neck;
- (of two persons) to embrace, kiss, and caress one another amorously.
- to embrace, kiss, and caress (someone) amorously.
- to strangle or behead.
Plusplus (plus),USA pronunciation prep.
- more by the addition of;
increased by: ten plus two is twelve.
- with the addition of;
with: He had wealth plus fame.
- involving or noting addition.
- positive: a plus quantity.
- more (by a certain amount).
- pertaining to or characterized by positive electricity: the plus terminal.
- [Mycol.](in heterothallic fungi) designating, in the absence of morphological differentiation, one of the two strains of mycelia that unite in the sexual process.
- having a certain quality to an unusual degree: He has personality plus.
- a plus quantity.
- [Arith.]See plus sign.
- something additional.
- a surplus or gain.
furthermore: A bicycle is cheaper than a car, plus it doesn't pollute the air.
- in addition;
Sizesize1 (sīz),USA pronunciation n., v., sized, siz•ing.
- the spatial dimensions, proportions, magnitude, or bulk of anything: the size of a farm; the size of the fish you caught.
- considerable or great magnitude: to seek size rather than quality.
- one of a series of graduated measures for articles of manufacture or trade: children's sizes of shoes.
range: a fortune of great size.
- actual condition, circumstance, or state of affairs: That's about the size of it.
- a number of population or contents: What size is Springfield, Illinois? The size of that last shipment was only a dozen.
- [Obs.]a fixed standard of quality or quantity, as for food or drink.
- of a size, of the same or similar size: The two poodles are of a size.
- try on for size:
- to put on briefly in order to test the fit of, as a garment or shoes.
- to consider, evaluate, do, or use before taking further action: We'll try the plan on for size to see whether it's practical.
- to separate or sort according to size.
- to make of a certain size.
- to press (a sintered compact) to close tolerances.
- [Obs.]to regulate or control according to a fixed standard.
- size up, [Informal.]
- to form an estimate of (a situation, person, etc.);
judge: They sized him up with a look.
- to meet a certain standard: He doesn't size up to my expectations.
Bridebride1 (brīd),USA pronunciation n.
- a newly married woman or a woman about to be married.
Gowngown (goun),USA pronunciation n.
- a woman's dress or robe, esp. one that is full-length.
- dressing gown.
- See evening gown.
- a loose, flowing outer garment in any of various forms, worn by a man or woman as distinctive of office, profession, or status: an academic gown.
- the student and teaching body in a university or college town.
- to dress in a gown.
Withwith (with, wiᵺ),USA pronunciation prep.
- accompanied by;
accompanying: I will go with you. He fought with his brother against the enemy.
- in some particular relation to (esp. implying interaction, company, association, conjunction, or connection): I dealt with the problem. She agreed with me.
- characterized by or having: a person with initiative.
- (of means or instrument) by the use of;
using: to line a coat with silk; to cut with a knife.
- (of manner) using or showing: to work with diligence.
- in correspondence, comparison, or proportion to: Their power increased with their number. How does their plan compare with ours?
- in regard to: to be pleased with a gift.
- (of cause) owing to: to die with pneumonia; to pale with fear.
- in the region, sphere, or view of: It is day with us while it is night with the Chinese.
- (of separation) from: to part with a thing.
- against, as in opposition or competition: He fought with his brother over the inheritance.
- in the keeping or service of: to leave something with a friend.
- in affecting the judgment, estimation, or consideration of: Her argument carried a lot of weight with the trustees.
- at the same time as or immediately after;
upon: And with that last remark, she turned and left.
- of the same opinion or conviction as: Are you with me or against me?
- in proximity to or in the same household as: He lives with his parents.
- (used as a function word to specify an additional circumstance or condition): We climbed the hill, with Jeff following behind.
- in with. See in (def. 22).
- with child, pregnant.
- with it:
- knowledgeable about, sympathetic to, or partaking of the most up-to-date trends, fashions, art, etc.
- representing or characterized by the most up-to-date trends, fashions, art, etc.
- with that. See that (def. 10).
Capcap1 (kap),USA pronunciation n., v., capped, cap•ping.
- a close-fitting covering for the head, usually of soft supple material and having no visor or brim.
- a brimless head covering with a visor, as a baseball cap.
- a headdress denoting rank, occupation, religious order, or the like: a nurse's cap.
- mortarboard (def. 2).
- [Math.]the symbol ∩, used to indicate the intersection of two sets. Cf. intersection (def. 3a).
- anything resembling or suggestive of a covering for the head in shape, use, or position: a cap on a bottle.
- a maximum limit, as one set by law or agreement on prices, wages, spending, etc., during a certain period of time;
ceiling: a 9 percent cap on pay increases for this year.
- [Mycol.]the pileus of a mushroom.
- [Bot.]calyptra (def. 1).
- [Mining.]a short, horizontal beam at the top of a prop for supporting part of a roof.
- a percussion cap.
- a selection for a representative team, usually for a national squad.
- a noise-making device for toy pistols, made of a small quantity of explosive wrapped in paper or other thin material.
- [Naut.]a fitting of metal placed over the head of a spar, as a mast or bowsprit, and having a collar for securing an additional spar.
- a new tread applied to a worn pneumatic tire.
- [Archit.]a capital.
- [Carpentry.]a metal plate placed over the iron of a plane to break the shavings as they rise.
- [Fox Hunting.]See capping fee.
- [Chiefly Brit. Slang.]a contraceptive diaphragm.
- cap in hand, humbly;
in supplication: He went to his father cap in hand and begged his forgiveness.
- set one's cap for, to pursue as being a potential mate.
- to provide or cover with or as if with a cap.
- to complete.
- follow up with something as good or better;
outdo: to cap one joke with another.
- to serve as a cap, covering, or top to;
- to put a maximum limit on (prices, wages, spending, etc.).
- [Brit. Sports.]to select (a player) for a representative team.
- [Fox Hunting.]to hunt with a hunting club of which one is not a member, on payment of a capping fee.
Sleevessleeve (slēv),USA pronunciation n., v., sleeved, sleev•ing.
- the part of a garment that covers the arm, varying in form and length but commonly tubular.
- an envelope, usually of paper, for protecting a phonograph record.
- [Mach.]a tubular piece, as of metal, fitting over a rod or the like.
- laugh up or in one's sleeve, to be secretly amused or contemptuous;
laugh inwardly: to laugh up one's sleeve at someone's affectations.
- have something up one's sleeve, to have a secret plan, scheme, opinion, or the like: I could tell by her sly look that she had something up her sleeve.
- to furnish with sleeves.
- [Mach.]to fit with a sleeve;
join or fasten by means of a sleeve.
Blackblack (blak),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, n., v., adv.
- lacking hue and brightness;
absorbing light without reflecting any of the rays composing it.
- characterized by absence of light;
enveloped in darkness: a black night.
- (sometimes cap.)
- pertaining or belonging to any of the various populations characterized by dark skin pigmentation, specifically the dark-skinned peoples of Africa, Oceania, and Australia.
- soiled or stained with dirt: That shirt was black within an hour.
dismal: a black outlook.
inexcusable: a black lie.
- boding ill;
sullen or hostile;
threatening: black words; black looks.
- (of coffee or tea) without milk or cream.
- without any moral quality or goodness;
wicked: His black heart has concocted yet another black deed.
- indicating censure, disgrace, or liability to punishment: a black mark on one's record.
- marked by disaster or misfortune: black areas of drought; Black Friday.
- wearing black or dark clothing or armor: the black prince.
- based on the grotesque, morbid, or unpleasant aspects of life: black comedy; black humor.
- (of a check mark, flag, etc.) done or written in black to indicate, as on a list, that which is undesirable, sub-standard, potentially dangerous, etc.: Pilots put a black flag next to the ten most dangerous airports.
- illegal or underground: The black economy pays no taxes.
- showing a profit;
not showing any losses: the first black quarter in two years.
- deliberately false or intentionally misleading: black propaganda.
- boycotted, as certain goods or products by a trade union.
- (of steel) in the form in which it comes from the rolling mill or forge;
- black or white, completely either one way or another, without any intermediate state.
- the color at one extreme end of the scale of grays, opposite to white, absorbing all light incident upon it. Cf. white (def. 20).
- (sometimes cap.)
- a member of any of various dark-skinned peoples, esp. those of Africa, Oceania, and Australia.
- black clothing, esp. as a sign of mourning: He wore black at the funeral.
- the dark-colored men or pieces or squares.
- black pigment: lamp black.
- [Slang.]See black beauty.
- a horse or other animal that is entirely black.
- black and white:
- print or writing: I want that agreement in black and white.
- a monochromatic picture done with black and white only.
- a chocolate soda containing vanilla ice cream.
- in the black, operating at a profit or being out of debt (opposed to in the red): New production methods put the company in the black.
- to make black;
put black on;
- to boycott or ban.
- to polish (shoes, boots, etc.) with blacking.
- to become black;
take on a black color;
- black out:
- to lose consciousness: He blacked out at the sight of blood.
- to erase, obliterate, or suppress: News reports were blacked out.
- to forget everything relating to a particular event, person, etc.: When it came to his war experiences he blacked out completely.
- [Theat.]to extinguish all of the stage lights.
- to make or become inoperable: to black out the radio broadcasts from the U.S.
- [Mil.]to obscure by concealing all light in defense against air raids.
- [Radio and Television.]to impose a broadcast blackout on (an area).
- to withdraw or cancel (a special fare, sale, discount, etc.) for a designated period: The special air fare discount will be blacked out by the airlines over the holiday weekend.
- (of coffee or tea) served without milk or cream.
Gothicgoth•ic (goth′ik),USA pronunciation adj.
- (usually cap.) noting or pertaining to a style of architecture, originating in France in the middle of the 12th century and existing in the western half of Europe through the middle of the 16th century, characterized by the use of the pointed arch and the ribbed vault, by the use of fine woodwork and stonework, by a progressive lightening of structure, and by the use of such features as flying buttresses, ornamental gables, crockets, and foils.
- (usually cap.) pertaining to or designating the style of painting, sculpture, etc., produced between the 13th and 15th centuries, esp. in northern Europe, characterized by a tendency toward realism and interest in detail.
- (cap.) of or pertaining to Goths or their language.
- (usually cap.) of or pertaining to the music, esp. of northern Europe, of the period roughly from 1200 to 1450, including that of the Ars Antiqua, Ars Nova, and the Burgundian school.
- (usually cap.) pertaining to the Middle Ages; medieval.
- (sometimes cap.) barbarous or crude.
- (often cap.) noting or pertaining to a style of literature characterized by a gloomy setting, grotesque, mysterious, or violent events, and an atmosphere of degeneration and decay: 19th-century gothic novels.
- (cap.) noting or pertaining to the alphabetical script introduced for the writing of Gothic by Ulfilas and derived by him from Greek uncials with the addition of some Latin and some invented letters.
- (often cap.) being of a genre of contemporary fiction typically relating the experiences of an often ingenuous heroine imperiled, as at an old mansion, where she typically becomes involved with a stern or mysterious but attractive man.
- (usually cap.) the arts and crafts of the Gothic period.
- (cap.) the extinct Germanic language of the Goths, preserved esp. in the 4th-century translation by Ulfilas of the Bible. Abbr.: Goth, Goth., goth.
- (often cap.) a story, play, film, or other work in the gothic style.
- (usually cap.) [Brit.]See black letter.
- (often cap.) a square-cut printing type without serifs or hairlines.
VictorianVic•to•ri•an (vik tôr′ē ən, -tōr′-),USA pronunciation adj.
- of or pertaining to Queen Victoria or the period of her reign: Victorian poets.
- having the characteristics usually attributed to the Victorians, esp. prudishness and observance of the conventionalities.
- noting or pertaining to the architecture, furnishings, and decoration of English-speaking countries between c1840 and c1900, characterized by rapid changes of style as a consequence of aesthetic and philosophical controversy, technological innovations, and changes of fashion, by the frequent presence of ostentatious ornament, and by an overall trend from classicism at the start to romanticism and eclecticism at the middle of the period and thence to classicism again, with attempts at stylistic innovation occurring from time to time.
- noting or pertaining to the massive, elaborate work characteristic esp. of the period c1855–80, derived mainly from the Baroque and Gothic styles and characterized by the presence of heavy carved ornament, elaborate moldings, etc., by the use of strong and generally dark colors, by the frequent use of dark varnished woodwork, by the emphasis on geometrical form rather than on textural effects, and frequently by an effect of harshness.
- a person who lived during the Victorian period.
- a house in or imitative of the Victorian style.
Weddingwed•ding (wed′ing),USA pronunciation n.
- the act or ceremony of marrying;
- the anniversary of a marriage, or its celebration: They invited guests to their silver wedding.
- the act or an instance of blending or joining, esp. opposite or contrasting elements: a perfect wedding of conservatism and liberalism.
- a merger.
- of or pertaining to a wedding: the wedding ceremony; a wedding dress.
Dressesdress (dres),USA pronunciation n., adj., v., dressed or drest, dress•ing.
- an outer garment for women and girls, consisting of bodice and skirt in one piece.
garb: The dress of the 18th century was colorful.
- formal attire.
- a particular form of appearance;
- outer covering, as the plumage of birds.
- of or for a dress or dresses.
- of or for a formal occasion.
- requiring formal dress.
- to put clothing upon.
- to put formal or evening clothes on.
- to trim;
adorn: to dress a store window; to dress a Christmas tree.
- to design clothing for or sell clothes to.
- to comb out and do up (hair).
- to cut up, trim, and remove the skin, feathers, viscera, etc., from (an animal, meat, fowl, or flesh of a fowl) for market or for cooking (often fol. by out when referring to a large animal): We dressed three chickens for the dinner. He dressed out the deer when he got back to camp.
- to prepare (skins, fabrics, timber, stone, ore, etc.) by special processes.
- to apply medication or a dressing to (a wound or sore).
- to make straight;
bring (troops) into line: to dress ranks.
- to make (stone, wood, or other building material) smooth.
- to cultivate (land, fields, etc.).
- [Theat.]to arrange (a stage) by effective placement of properties, scenery, actors, etc.
- to ornament (a vessel) with ensigns, house flags, code flags, etc.: The bark was dressed with masthead flags only.
- to prepare or bait (a fishhook) for use.
- to prepare (bait, esp. an artificial fly) for use.
- to fit (furniture) around and between pages in a chase prior to locking it up.
- to supply with accessories, optional features, etc.: to have one's new car fully dressed.
- to clothe or attire oneself;
put on one's clothes: Wake up and dress, now!
- to put on or wear formal or fancy clothes: to dress for dinner.
- to come into line, as troops.
- to align oneself with the next soldier, marcher, dancer, etc., in line.
- dress down:
- to reprimand;
- to thrash;
- to dress informally or less formally: to dress down for the shipboard luau.
- dress ship:
- to decorate a ship by hoisting lines of flags running its full length.
- [U.S. Navy.]to display the national ensigns at each masthead and a larger ensign on the flagstaff.
- dress up:
- to put on one's best or fanciest clothing;
dress relatively formally: They were dressed up for the Easter parade.
- to dress in costume or in another person's clothes: to dress up in Victorian clothing; to dress up as Marie Antoinette.
- to embellish or disguise, esp. in order to make more appealing or acceptable: to dress up the facts with colorful details.
Dede (də; Fr. də;
Port. di),USA pronunciation prep.
of (used in French, Spanish, and Portuguese personal names, originally to indicate place of origin): Comte de Rochambeau; Don Ricardo de Aragón.
Alternativeal•ter•na•tive (ôl tûr′nə tiv, al-),USA pronunciation n.
- a choice limited to one of two or more possibilities, as of things, propositions, or courses of action, the selection of which precludes any other possibility: You have the alternative of riding or walking.
- one of the things, propositions, or courses of action that can be chosen: The alternative to riding is walking.
- a possible or remaining course or choice: There was no alternative but to walk.
Also, alternate (for defs. 1–4, 6). al•ter′na•tive•ly, adv.
- affording a choice of two or more things, propositions, or courses of action.
- (of two things, propositions, or courses) mutually exclusive so that if one is chosen the other must be rejected: The alternative possibilities are neutrality and war.
- employing or following nontraditional or unconventional ideas, methods, etc.;
existing outside the establishment: an alternative newspaper; alternative lifestyles.
- [Logic.](of a proposition) asserting two or more choices, at least one of which is true.
al•ter′na•tive•ness, al•ter′na•tiv′i•ty, n.
Bridesbride1 (brīd),USA pronunciation n.
- a newly married woman or a woman about to be married.
Howdy folks, this picture is about Vintage Tulle Sheer Scoop Neck Plus Size Bride Gown With Cap Sleeves Black Gothic Victorian Wedding Dresses Vestidos De Noiva Alternative Measures - Brides . ( Black Victorian Wedding Dresses #4). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 574 x 861. This image's file size is only 62 KB. If You desired to save It to Your computer, you could Click here. You may also see more photos by clicking the image below or read more at this article: Black Victorian Wedding Dresses.
Other than Black Victorian Wedding Dresses, selecting a right wedding arrangements are also important for your wedding. Therefore, here are a few recommendations on that. Budget, first. Budget money may be the next factor that you need to consider. We propose that you simply don't choose an aroma of blooms at a cost that's very costly, it is possible to appear elegant though never to invest too much money. The ideas that are most effective would be to select plants based on the period when your wedding, as well as no problem finding, the cost will even cheaper.
Scent. Choose an arrangement of blooms has fragrant fragrance, gloomy flower. Not all blooms possess a fragrant fragrance, however you can outsmart by spraying cologne to your awareness.
Black Victorian Wedding Dresses therefore must not pick an arrangement, and should be in accordance with the spot along with the design of the wedding. In case you perform a marriage ceremony outdoors such as the beach or garden, decide spectacular species and wildflowers.
Objective. Flowers are thought as a match to your outfit. Arrangement acceptable option is not so obvious and straightforward, if the garments you've noticed crowded having a number of arrangements. Nevertheless when you incorporate gown that is simple with out a lot of extras, select an aroma of flowers in hues that are vivid.